Monday, May 11, 2009

How can you read the coded strip on id cards and the like. is there a way ?

Sure. You can buy card readers for as little as $30.





A card is capable of having three tracks of information. Most have at least two.





That said, just because you can read it, doesn't mean you'll learn anything from it. The stuff written on the card itself is usually encrypted, or a key to something else that has to be processed by the bank or whatever.





For instance, my ATM card has my name and one or two other things in clear text on the card, but the rest of it is just a big string of encrypted information. So it's not like you can look at it and get my PIN number or anything from it.

How can you read the coded strip on id cards and the like. is there a way ?
There are at least 2 methods. First. tell me why I should tell you in a public forum..


No comments:

Post a Comment