Saturday, November 19, 2011

Is there an ID card available for international travelers with prosthetic devices?

I am going to do some international travel this summer. I know there is an ID card available for people with pacemakers, etc to help them more easily get through security checkpoints. Is such a card available for people with prosthetic devices, such as legs which may normally be covered by pants?

Is there an ID card available for international travelers with prosthetic devices?
as far as I know there is no card. I just tell people at the security gate that I wear an artificial leg. One woman I know carries her disabled parking permit with her and a note from the doctor. And I know another woman with multiple health issues has it included in her medical alert bracelet.





I haven't had any real issues flying. I was told they can't tell you to take off your prosthetic and so far I've never so much as been asked. They ask to pat down the leg but always get a woman and never make a big deal of things.

natural deodorants

No comments:

Post a Comment