Sunday, May 23, 2010

I have a Canon SD 1000, I work with photo ID's for a living. What camera settings will work best?

Camera: Canon SD 1000


Because of my job I have to take pictures of photo ID's (Drivers licenses, State ID cards, school ID cards etc.) to keep on file. Does anyone know what settings will be best on this camera. 9 times out of 10 the pictures are taken indoors.

I have a Canon SD 1000, I work with photo ID's for a living. What camera settings will work best?
The key is lighting (no pun intended!), not the settings. Are you using multiple flashes? I'll assume not





You'll want adequate depth of field, but on a point and shoot cam you don't have to worry too much about it.





If you want shots that are consistent, then shoot in manual mode. You should be able to choose a pretty big aperture (low number). F/2.8 - F/4 should be fine.





Shutter speed should be pretty quick, but not at the expense of a very high ISO. Keep the ISO between 100 - 200 for good results. Shutter speed shouldn't drop below 1/60th for good crisp images. Better yet up around 1/100th - 1/200th.





Work on lighting, see if you can diffuse your flash (if you're using it).

shoe labels

No comments:

Post a Comment