Thursday, May 20, 2010

When you renew your state id card, what do they do with your expired id card?

During past renewals, I have noticed that the staff would punch a hole on the card and place the card in a ringed-folder. Do they file these cards away? I was wondering because during my last renewal, the staff just put my expired card in the shredder. I thought that was odd, as I was expecting it would be neatly stored in the ringed-folder along with other expired cards. Instead it was just tossed in the shredder machine.

When you renew your state id card, what do they do with your expired id card?
Every thing that is on that card is updated into the computer. If they saved all the expired cards it would take up space for no reason.


When they were put on a ring they were probably destroyed all at one time.


Here in California they give the expired card back to you and you do what ever you want to with it....I have my drivers License form 12 years ago---LOL what a difference.
Reply:Its digital now, stored on a hard drive

hot tags

No comments:

Post a Comment